How to Choose a Nursing School
Today’s nursing school options extend beyond the traditional classroom. Now, through accredited online nursing schools, potential and existing nurses are able to complete coursework online, something that allows them to advance their careers without having to give up existing jobs or family obligations. Completing a LPN to RN bridge program or working to advance from an RN to MSN has never been easier with the flexible scheduling and entrance options distance learning an online nursing school provides. For more details and to find out if an online program might fit into your lifestyle, browse the nursing programs below.
Figuring out what nursing school to attend is a big decision, and you'll want to consider a number of factors to make sure you're choosing a program that works for you. In addition to logistical considerations such as format, location and cost, you'll want to consider program quality, faculty specializations and examination pass rates. Here's a look at five things to keep in mind when choosing a nursing school.
At University of Phoenix, we believe everyone deserves access to higher education.
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Project Management
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Sustainability Management
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration/Gerontology
Capella provides a flexible online learning environment designed for working adults who want to advance in their profession.
Earn a respected bachelor's degree, master's degree, or Ph.D. online at Walden University.
Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
A degree from CTU can connect you to what matters most: powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree you hit the ground sprinting. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
To get ahead, you need an education that will truly set you apart and is affordable. A private, non-profit, fully accredited institution, Bellevue University is dedicated to helping you earn a degree that prepares you to advance your career.
You must have an RN degree to apply to the RN to BSN program
- Nursing (RN to BSN) - BS
Designed with the needs of working adult students in mind, South University, Online Programs is built on the similar curriculum offered at South University's campus locations. As a student at South University, Online Programs you will receive the same quality instruction, variety of learning options and level of service found at the campus locations.
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)