BSN to DNP Salaries
Health care employers are recognizing the unique contributions that nurses with advanced degrees can make in the practice arena. As a result, the demand for nurses with a doctorate in nursing practice (DNP) is accelerating.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2014, registered nurses earned an average annual salary of $69,790, or $33.55 an hour. While nurses with BSNs typically see steady pay raises, nurses can earn much more if they pursue a DNP.
BSN to DNP: Salary Depends on Position
The American Association of Colleges in Nursing (AACN) said the DNP should replace the MSN as the gold standard to become a nurse practitioner (NP) by 2015. How much a nurse who goes from a BSN to a DNP will earn depends on the specific career path. Here are some careers and their salaries for DNPs in 2015, according to payscale.com:
- Nursing Manager: $69,043 - $128,256
- Family Nurse Practitioner: $62,384 - $102,936
- Nursing Director: $66,551 - $153.867
Additionally, NPs who practice in urban settings earn more than those who don't.
To earn a DNP, nurses build on traditional master's programs. They study evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and systems leadership, among other key areas.
Capella provides a flexible online learning environment designed for working adults who want to advance in their profession.
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited)
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Pediatric (Primary Care) Nurse Practitioner (PNP)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP) Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University, one of the nation’s top schools of communications, offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in media and communications.
Set your career in motion at Virginia College.
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education.
Get your career started with training from Washington State University.