Student Loan Consolidation How-Tos
Student loans such as the Stafford Loan have variable interest rates until the borrower uses the Federal Student Consolidation Loan to lock in fixed interest rates. The Federal Student Consolidation Loan program was introduced by the United States Government to ease the burden of paying back student loans. The program is free, easy and does not require a credit check.
Benefits of Consolidating Student Loans
Student Loan Consolidation can significantly lower your monthly payment by lengthening the term of your loans, with no prepayment penalties. When you apply now, you can lock in the lowest interest rates in the history of the Federal student loan program. Consolidation is FREE and easy and does not require a credit check.
Will I incur any fees and/or charges consolidating my student loans?
You will not incur any fees, costs, or charges for consolidating your student loan debt. The US department of Education does not assess any fees to the borrower on the consolidation loan.
What loans are eligible for student loan consolidation?
- SS - Subsidized Federal Stafford Loans & Guaranteed Student Loans (GSL)
- DSS - Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans
- DUS - Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans
- DPLUS - Direct PLUS Loans
- DUCON - Direct Unsubsidized Consolidation Loan, including Direct PLUS Consolidation Loans
- US - Unsubsidized and Nonsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans
- NSL - Federal Nursing Loans
- HEAL - Health Education Assistance Loans
- PERK - Federal Perkins Loans
- PLUS - Federal PLUS (Parent) Loans
- SCON - Subsidized Federal Consolidation Loans
- UCON- Unsubsidized Federal Consolidation Loans
- SLS - Federal Supplemental Loans for Students
FinancialAid.com Student Loan Consolidation
Student loan consolidation with FinancialAid.com is a simple 15 minute online process that can save you money. If you have student loans please take some time to review this free federal program. FinancialAid.com does NOT charge you any fees to consolidate your debt.
Benefits of Consolidating with FinancialAid.com
- Easy 10 Minute Process with Online E-signature
- Get a fixed interest rate as low as 3.5%
- Combine your loans into one easy payment
- Reduce monthly payments by up to 54%
When you consolidate with FinancialAid.com you are eligible for their Borrower Benefits Package, which can reduce your interest rate by an additional 1.25%:
All borrowers benefit from an additional .25% rate reduction when your payments are automatically deducted from your checking account.
Borrowers with $20,000 or more in student loans benefit from an additional 1% rate reduction after you make 36 on-time payments
To start saving money faster, borrowers can complete the entire application process online with a pin-less electronic signature.
Recent graduates can save even more!
If you consolidate during your grace period, your interest rate will drop an additional .6%. If you have just graduated you should consolidate your loans as soon as possible!